I hope to get tickets tomorrow for the VHSL Semi-Final Football Game at Appomattox Country High School on Saturday, December 3 at 2:00. The price of the tickets is $10.00. I will start selling during lunches if I get the before lunch.
Take Rte. 60 towards Powhatan, turn right onto Rte. 60, go through Cumberland Court House, pass Buckingham High School, through Buckingham Court House to Rte. 24, turn left on Rte 24 and take it straight into the town of Appomattox. From Rte. 24 turn left onto Confederate Blvd (I think I told you Lee-Grant but I was incorrect). Continue on Confederate past Church Street (it will be closed until noon or later) to Redfields Road (look for the Appomattox Rescue Squad). Turn right onto Redfields. Take Redfields and turn right onto Evergreen Ave (there should be a green sign with Appomattox County High School and an arrow). Follow Evergreen Ave. to ACHS. There are 2 parking lots at the school. One is off of Evergreen and the other is off of Red House Rd (Rte. 727). To access the one off of Red House Road go to the end of Evergreen Ave. and take a left onto Red House Road (Rte. 727). The parking lot is on the left. Please tell your fans to try to not park in the grass on Rte. 727. They might be towed if they are on private property. If the fans are coming in after noon Church St. should be open. Then they would take a right on Church St. from Confederate (Look for Jamerson Building Supply on the left of Confederate Blvd.) Then they would turn left onto Red House Rd. (Rte. 727) ACHS will be on the left.
ACHS will also be offering satellite parking and a free shuttle bus to and from the game on Saturday. There will be two satellite parking locations. The first will be at Liberty Baptist Church (1709 Church Street) and the second will be at Appomattox Elementary School (176 Kids Place). The shuttle will be starting at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday and will continue to shuttle people to the game until approximately 2:30 p.m. or later if needed. The shuttle will begin to bring people back to the satellite parking about mid-way through the 4th quarter of the game and will continue until approximately one-half hour after the game is completed, or later if necessary.
Our handicapped parking will be in an area that we block off that is close to the field and ticket booths. This is also where you and your administrators will be able to park, along with the buses for the team and band.
Route 60 through Cumberland. Take a left onto Rt. 45 at gas station. Stay on 45 and follow all the way into the town of Farmville. Take a left beside the McDonalds across from Longwood University. Go up the hill three blocks and when you get to stop sign take a right. The school is immediately on the left. The gym is the first building on the left once you past the tennis courts.
Monday, November 28:
1. The varsity girls basketball team travels to Fuqua School to kick off the 2016-17 season at 6:30.
2. Due to the success of football team, the home JV & varsity boys basketball game vs. Powhatan have been postponed. A make up date has not been set yet.
Wednesday, November 30:
1. The JV & varsity girls travel to Amelia for their first James River District games at 5:30 & 7:00.
3. The JV & varsity home boys basketball JRD games vs. Amelia have been postponed. A make up date has not been set.
Thursday, December 1:
1. The wrestling team kicks for the 2016-17 season with a home tri-match with Armstrong & Monacan at 5:30.
Friday, December 2:
1. The JV & varsity boys basketball games at Cumberland have been postponed. A make up date has not been set yet.
2. The JV & varsity girls basketball team hosts Cumberland at 5:30 & 7:00.
Saturday, December 3:
1. The wrestling team travels to Colonial Heights for “Kick Off Duals” wrestling tournament at 10:00.
2. The varsity football #2 in 2A East will travel to Appomattox County High School #1 in 2A West in a VHSL State Semi-Final football game at 2:00. Richland #2 in 2A West travels to Stuarts Draft #1 in 2A East. Admission to the games is $10.00.
The varsity football will travel to Appomattox County High School on Saturday, December 3 for a VHSL State Semi-Final game at 2:00. Cost for the game is $10.00.
Monday, November 21:
1. The JV & varsity scholastic bowl teams travel to Amelia for their matches with Amelia & Randolph-Henry starting at 5:30.
Tuesday, November 22:
1. The varsity girls basketball team travels to Blessed Sacrament for a scrimmage at 5:30.
2. The JV & varsity boys basketball teams travel to Charlottesville High School for a scrimmage. The teams will be scrimmaging at the same time in different gyms starting at 6:00.
Friday, November 25:
1. With the 35-13 win over Strasburg, the varsity football team will host Clarke County in the third round of Region 2A East at 7:00 pm. Admission for the game is $7.00.
Saturday, November 26:
1. The wrestling team travels to Benedictine for a scrimmage at 10:00 am.
Monday, November 14:
1. The scholastic bowl teams host Buckingham & Cumberland at 5:30.
Thursday, November 17:
1. The JV & varsity boys basketball teams host Fluvanna in a scrimmage at 5:30.
Friday, November 18:
1. The varsity football team will host Strasburg High school in a second round playoff football game of Region 2A East Football Playoffs at 7:00. Cost for the game is $7.00.
With the 3-0 over win over Maggie Walker tonight in the quarter finals of Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament…..the Bulldogs will host Buffalo Gap, a 3-0 winner over Clarke County, at 6:30 on Thursday, November 10. Admission to the game is $6.00.
Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament will be played on Tuesday, March 8, Thursday, March 10 & Saturday, March 12. Admission for the games is $6:00.
Tuesday, November 8: Game 1: 34 #2 Amelia at 33 at #1 Bruton at 6:00 Game 2: 36 #2 RE Lee at 35 #1 George Mason at 7:00 Game 3: 33 #2 Maggie Walker at 33 #1 Goochland at 6:00 Game 4: 35 #2 Clarke County at 36 #1 Buffalo Gap at 7:00
Thursday, November 10: Game 5: Winner of Game 1 at Winner of Game 3 TBA Game 6: Winner of Game 4 at Winner Game 2 TBA
Saturday, November 12: Game 7: Winner game 6 at Winner Game 5 TBA
Monday, November 7:
1. The JV & varsity scholastic bowl teams travel to Nottoway to take on Central & Nottoway starting at 5:30.
Tuesday, November 8:
1. The varsity volleyball team will host Maggie Walker in a quarter-final game of Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament at 6:00. Admission is $6.00.
Thursday, November 10:
1. With a win on Tuesday night, the varsity volleyball team will host a semi-final game in Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament at 6:00/7:00 vs. Buffalo Gap/Clarke County winner.
Friday, November 11:
1. Anna Kate Wirsing and Austin Bruce & Josh Hobbs from our cross country teams will represent Goochland High School, QRC 34 & Region 2A East in the VHSL State Cross Country Meet at Great Meadows in The Plains, VA. The girls race at is at 11:45 AM and the boys race at 12:30. Admission for the state cross country meet is $10.00.
2. The varsity football team will host Washington & Lee at 7:00 in the first round of Region 2A East Football Playoffs. (The team will be hosting will be official when VHSL releases the brackets tomorrow.) Admission for the game is $7.00.
Saturday, November 12:
1. With a win on Thursday, the varsity volleyball team will travel for Region 2A East Finals.