Tuesday, November 28:
1. The wrestling team opens up the winter season hosting Deep Run & Meadowbrook in matches starting at 5:00.
Wednesday, November 29:
1. The JV & varsity girls basketball teams host Powhatan at 5:30 & 7:00.
Friday, December 1:
1. The JV & varsity boys basketball teams travel to Powhatan for their games at 6:00 & 7:30.
2. The varsity girls basketball team hosts The Goochland Girls Basketball Tip-Off Tournament at 6:00 & 8:00. Steward School will play Thomas Jefferson in the 6:00 game and Goochland will play Maggie Walker in the 8:00 game.
Saturday, December 2:
1. The wrestling team travels to Colonial Heights for the Kickoff Dual Wrestling Tournament at 9:00 am.
2. The varsity girls basketball team will play the second round of the Goochland Girls Basketball Tip-Off Tournament. Steward will play Maggie Walker in the 6:00 game and Goochland will play Thomas Jefferson in the 8:00 game.
Monday, November 20:
1. The JV & varsity scholastic bowl teams will host Amelia & Randolph-Henry at 5:30.
Tuesday, November 21:
1. The JV & varsity girls basketball teams host Fluvanna in a scrimmage at 5:00.
Friday, November 24:
1. The varsity football team would host Poquoson in the finals of the Division 2 Region A Football Playoffs at 7:00. Admission for the game is $7.00.
Monday, November 13:
1. The JV & varsity Scholastic Bowl teams will host Buckingham & Cumberland at 5:30.
Tuesday, November 14:
1. The varsity volleyball team will host Wilson Memorial at 7:00 in a semi-final game of the VHSL State Volleyball Tournament. Admission is $10.00.
Wednesday, November 15:
1. The Winter Athletic Parents Meeting will take place in the auditorium at 6:30.
Thursday, November 16:
1. The boys basketball teams will host Fluvanna in a scrimmage at 6:00.
Friday, November 17:
1. The varsity football team will host Amelia in a semi-final game in Region A football playoffs at 7:00. Admission is $7.00.
Saturday, November 18:
1. GHS is hosting the VHSL Super Regional Theatre Competition in the auditorium at 12:30. The other schools in the competition are: Poquoson, Clarke County, Prince Edward, Arcadia, Wilson Memorial, Robert E. Lee and Central (Woodstock).
2. With a win on Tuesday, 11/14/17, the varsity volleyball team will be playing in the championship game of the VHSL State Volleyball Tournament at the Siegel Center at 1:00.
Monday, November 6:
1. Winter sports try outs start for girls basketball, boys basketball & wrestling right after school. Physicals must be on file in order to try out for a winter team.
2. The JV & varsity scholastic bowl teams travel to Nottoway to take on Central & Nottoway at 5:30.
3. The varsity volleyball team will host Amelia in the Semi-Finals game in the Division 2 Region A Volleyball Tournament. The game time for the game is 6:30. Admission is $6.00. The other semi-final game will be Poquoson at Nottoway at 6:00.
Tuesday, November 7:
1. The swim teams will hold their first official tryouts at FUMA pool at 7:00 pm.
Wednesday, November 8:
1. With a win on Saturday & a win on Monday, the varsity volleyball team will host the finals of the Division 2 Region A Volleyball Tournament at 6:00.
Friday, November 10:
1. The varsity football team will host a quarter final game in Division 2 Region A Football Playoffs at 7:00 vs. Brunswick. Admission for the game is $7.00 (Goochland Family Passes & Senior Passes are not excepted for playoff games.)
Saturday, November 11:
1. Both the girls & boys cross country teams will travel to Great Meadow Park, The Plains, VA to participate in the VHSL Division 2 State Cross Country Meet. The girls run at 10:30 and the boys run at 11:15. Admission to the state CC meet is $10.00.
2. If the varsity volleyball team wins the Region A Volleyball Tournament, they they would host a VHSL State quarter final game. They would be playing against the #2 team from Region B. If they lose in the Championship game, they would have to travel to the #1 team in Region B. Game time to be determined. Admission for the game would be $10.00.
With the competition cheer competing this Saturday, November 4 at the Siegel Center in the VHSL Division 2 State Cheer Competition at noon, both cross county teams qualified for the VHSL State Cross Country Meet. The the girls finished second today behind only Maggie Walker at Pole Green Park in the Division 2 Region A cross country meet. The boys finished third behind Maggie Walker & Poquoson, also at Pole Green Park. The VHSL State Cross Country Meets will be held at Great Meadows, The Plains, VA on November 10 & 11. The Division 2 meet is on Saturday, November 11. The girls race is at 10:30 am and the boys run at 11:15 am. Admission to both cheer & cross country is $10.00.
Thursday, November 2: Admission for games is $6.00 East Side of Bracket #1 Goochland-Bye Game 1: #5 Maggie Walker at #4 Bruton at 6:30 Game 2: #7 Arcadia at #2 Nandua at 6:00 Game 3: #6 King William at #3 Poquoson at 6:00
West Side of Bracket #1 Nottoway-Bye Game 4: #5 Randolph-Henry at #4 Greensville at 6:00 Game 5: #7 Bluestone at #2 Amelia at 7:00 Game 6: #6 Brunswick at #3 Prince Edward at 6:00
Saturday, November 4: East Side Game 7: Winner Game 1 at Goochland at 6:00 Game 8: Winner of Game 2 vs. Winner Game 3 (Higher Seed) at TBA
West Side Game 9: Winner of Game 4 at Nottoway at TBA Game 10: Winner of Game 5 vs. Winner of Game 6 (High Seed) at TBA
Monday, November 6: Cross Over Day Game 11: #2 Seeded Team Left (West) at #1 Seeded Team Left (East) Game 12: #2 Seeded Team Left (East) at #1 Seeded Team Left (West)
Wednesday, November 8: Championship Day (both team play in State Semi-Finals on Saturday, November 11 ( Winner will host and the loser will travel.) Game 13: Winner Game 11 vs. Winner Game 12 (Higher Ranked Team)
Monday, October 30:
1. The varsity scholastic bowl team travels to Prince Edward High School to take on Bluestone & Prince Edward at 5:30.
Wednesday, November 1:
1. The girls & boys cross country teams compete in the Region A Cross Country Meet at Pole Green Park. The girls run at 1:00 and the boys run at 1:40.
Thursday, November 2:
1. The JV football team travels to Amelia for their last game at Amelia at 6:30.
2. The Division 2 Region A Volleyball Tournament starts. Goochland is the #1 Seed in the East and has a bye.
Friday, November 3:
1. The varsity football team host Amelia in the last regular season game at 7:00.
Saturday, November 4:
1. The competition cheer team will compete in the VHSL Division 2 State Cheer Competition at VCU Siegel Center. The time of the competition noon. Admission is $10.00.
2. The varsity girls volleyball team will host the winner of Maggie Walker vs. Bruton game from Thursday at 6:00 in a semi-final game. Admission for the game is $6.00.
1. The scholastic bowl teams travel to Amelia for their matches with Amelia & Randolph-Henry at5:30.
1. The JV & varsity volleyball teams host Prince Edward at 5:30 & 6:30.
1. The girls & boys cross country teams travel to Occoneechee State Park in Clarksville for the James River District Cross County Meet. The boys run at 3:00 and the girls run at 4:00. There is a $2.00 parking fee for spectators.
2. The JV & varsity volleyball teams travel to Amelia for the final regular season games at 5:30 & 6:30.
1. The competition cheer team travels to King William High School for the Region A Cheer Competition at 6:15. Admission to the competition is $8.00.
2. The JV football team hosts Prince Edward at 6:30.
1. The varsity football team travels to Prince Edward for their game at 7:00.
1. GHS will host the semi-finals (top four teams) & finals of the James River District Volleyball Tournament starting at 2:00. Admission for the tournament is $6.00 (GHS family passes & senior citizen passes will NOT be honored for this tournament.) The teams in the running to make the tournament are Amelia, Goochland, Nottoway, Prince Edward & Randolph-Henry.
Tuesday, September 26:
1. The golf team will travel to Kinderton Country Club to play in the Region A Golf Tournament at 8:30 am.
2. The JV & varsity volleyball teams host Amelia at 5:30 & 6:30.
Wednesday, September 27:
1. The girls & boys cross country teams travel to Occoneechee State Park to take on Bluestone, Amelia & Nottoway at 4:30 & 5:30.
Thursday, September 28:
1. The JV & varsity volleyball teams host Central at 5:30 & 6:30.
2. The JV football team hosts Buckingham at 6:30.
Friday, September 29:
1. The varsity football team travels to Buckingham for their game at 7:00.