The GHS swim teams WILL NOT be participating in the Hanover Hawks Swim Invitational this Saturday, December 19.
The start time for the swim meet at Farmville YMCA on Friday, Dec. 11 has changed to 5:00.
The start time for the swim meet vs. Patrick Henry at the Ashland YMCA has been moved to 6:05 instead of 5:00.
Monday, Dec. 7:
1. The scholastic bowl team travels to Prince Edward for their matches with PE & Bluestone at 5:30.
Tuesday, Dec. 8:
1. The JV & varsity boys basketball teams travel to Cumberland for their games at 5:30 & 7:00.
2. The JV & varsity girls basketball teams host Cumberland at 5:30 & 7:00. Cost for the games is $6:00.
Wednesday, Dec. 9:
1. The JV & varsity girls basketball teams travel to Colonial Heights for their games at 5:45 & 7:30.
Thursday, Dec. 10:
1. JV wrestling team travels to Trinity for their matches at 6:00.
Friday, Dec. 11:
1. The JV & varsity boys basketball teams travel to Prince Edward for their games at 5:30 & 7:00.
2. The JV & varsity girls basketball teams host Prince Edward at 5:30 & 7:00. Cost for the games is $6.00
3. The girls & boys swim team travel to the Farmville YMCA to the on Prince Edward & Appomattox at 7:00.
Saturday, Dec. 12:
1. The girls & boys swim team travel to the Ashland YMCA to take on Patrick Henry at 6:05 (this is a change)
1. The JV & varsity boys basketball teams kick off the season by hosting Powhatan at 5:30 & 7:00. Cost for the games is $6:00.
2. The varsity girls basketball will kick off their season by traveling to Blessed Sacrament for their game at 6:00.
1. The wrestling team will kick off their first season at Randolph-Henry wrestling R-H, Dan River & King & William starting at 4:30.
1. The JV members of the wrestling team will travel to Varina for their matches at 6:00.
1. The JV & varsity boys basketball teams travel to Bluestone for their games at 5:30 & 7:00.
- The JV & varsity girls basketball teams host Bluestone at 5:30 & 7:00. Cost for the games is $6:00.
1. The girls & boys swim teams will travel to Fork Union to kick off their season against FUMA, Fluannva, Orange & Louisa at 1:00.
Monday, November 9:
1. The high school winter athletic teams will start tryouts for swim teams, wrestling team, girls basketball teams & boys basketball right after school.
Tuesday, November 10:
1. The varsity volleyball team will host Nandua in a quarter final game of Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament 6:00. Cost for the games is $6.00 and GHS family, senior citizen & athletic team passes do not work for tournament games.
Thursday, November 12:
1. With a win on Tuesday, the volleyball team will travel to the winner of the Stuart Draft/RE Lee game for a semi-final game in Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament.
Friday, November 13:
1. The varsity football team will host Wilson Memorial in a first round playoff game in the Region 2A East Football Playoffs at 7:00. Cost for the game is $7.00 and GHS family, senior citizen & athletic team passes do not work for tournament games.
Saturday, November 14:
1. Austin Bruce will represent GHS, James River District, QRC 34 & Region 2A East in the VHSL 2A East Cross Country Meet at Great Meadow, The Plains, VA at 12:30. Admission to the state cross country meet is $10.00
2. The championship game of Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament will be held. Teams & location of the game will be known after the semi-final games on Thursday.
This post is on Coach’s Corner that can be found under Schools on the GCPS website. I post each week schedule of athletic events for both the high school & middle school. I also post any cancellations for games as soon as they happen.
You can also go to rSchooltoday website http://www.jamesriverdistrictva.org, then click on Goochland and get the schedules, scores, standings & cancellations of Goochland High School & all of the James River District teams. There is a place you can put in your e-mail address and get an e-mail when a game is changed.
You can also go to Goochland Sports http://www.goochlandsports.org/ but this pulls off of the rSchooltoday website and sometimes does not get updated as quickly.
Coach Fowler keeps all of the football information on Max Preps .
I hope this helps… or you can call me at 804-556-5322 ext. 4711 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org